Marriage registration with a foreigner in the territory of Ukraine

To register a marriage with a foreigner under the accelerated program, citizens can use the project of the Ministry of Justice “Marriage in a Day”

 The list of necessary documents for the solemnization:

  1. A passport of a citizen of Ukraine, a passport document of a foreigner or a certificate of identity of a stateless person.
  2. If the person was previously married, — documents that certify the dissolution of the previous marriage
  3. Documents about payment of state duty and chargeable services.

To register a marriage with a foreigner in the territory of Ukraine, you should know the important details:

The first: a foreigner must legally stay in Ukraine in the time of marriage registration;

The second: documents should be translated into Ukrainian and certified by a notary;

The third: the document confirming the termination of the previous marriage of a foreigner should be legalized in the country of issue.

!!! The main problem when registering a marriage with a foreigner is the verification of documents by the Migration Service of Ukraine for legality of a foreigner’s stay in Ukraine.This verification can last up to two weeks !!!

For official registration of marriage in the territory of Sumy region, you should contact the following addresses:

Sumy city- Sumy oblast scientific and methodological center of culture and arts at the address: 49 Petropavlivska street, (0542) 222731

Trostianets town — Department of culture, tourism, youth and sports of TrostianetsMunicipal Council at the address: 2 Myru street, (05458) 5 12 54

Romny town — Department of Culture of Executive Committee of RomnyMunicipal Council (Department of culture) at the address: 94 Korzhivska street, (05448) 5 16 34